Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, self-driven and hard-working Project Manager to lead bridge construction projects. He/she will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Bridges & Foundations Business.
Kawkareik Bridge Project?
Project located in Mawlamyaing Myawaddy Road,Kawkareik Township, Kayin State, Myanmar.?
The scope of project is bored piling, structural excavation, pile cap, column, crosshead steel girder erection. Bridge length is 580 m and width is 22.69 m and cable stayed bridge.
Yangon Mandalay Railway Project?
Project located in between Nyaunglaypin and Taunggoo in Bago Division in Myanmar. Total 4? New Bridges and 105 Box Culvert Briidge No.203( 100m), Bridge No.183(75m), Bridge No.181(48m) & Bridge No.158( 54m )Precast I Girder, Steel Plate Girder, Steel Box Girder, Substructure and Piling Foundation Work.
Bago Bridge Project?
Project located in junction of Shukhinthar Myopat Road and Thalyin Chin Kat Road, Near Thanlyin Bridge (1), Thaketa Township, Yangon. Total length of bridge is 824.9 m and main bridge is 602 m with two lanes. Approach road is 222.9 m. Scope of work is only piling and substructure construction work.?
- Oversee, manage and direct construction project from beginning to end
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the trades
- Establish relationships between all parties involved in the project
- Preparation of the project schedule, monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis to ensure that cost control takes place in conformity with established routines
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals as well as maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period and issue final close-outs to consultant/owner accordingly.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the occupational health and safety act are enforce
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Budget planning and cost estimating
- Control and monitor labor, material and equipment expenses
- Manage preparation of progress claim
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings. Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings
- Ensure that project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Preference will be given to Myanmar nationals
Required Qualifications and Skills??
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and other equivalent degree
- At least (15) years experienced in Bridge construction.
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office